Free Covid-19 Test Kits Available
We are pleased to announce that HUD has expanded its partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service (HHS) Administration to provide no-cost over the counter COVID-19 antigen test kits to all properties receiving assistance through the Office of Multifamily Housing (MFH). Eligible properties include those assisted under the following programs: Section 8 project-based rental assistance (PBRA), 202/8, 202/162 PAC, 202/811 PRAC, 811 PRA, SPRAC, and non-insured 236 properties with IRP Use Agreements (236 IRP).
Property staff may register with HHS’s Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) at the Health Partner Ordering Portal (HPOP). Once the property’s registration is approved by HUD, property staff can proceed to order weekly shipments of COVID-19 test kits to be delivered to their properties for distribution. This registration site is now open for all MFH-assisted properties. Please visit HUD’s COVID Testing webpage and see below for additional information on registration, ordering, and test kit storage. Instructions on how to register in HPOP and order test kits are also attached to this announcement.
- MFH-assisted properties must register in HPOP, and registrations must be approved by HUD to begin ordering test kits. One staff person per property may register in HPOP.
- Only organizations identified as MFH-assisted properties will be able to access the site and order test kits.
- The property’s address must be used in the registration process because test kits will be delivered to the physical property only.
- The property’s HUD Integrated Real Estate Management System (iREMS) number must be entered into the “Special Details” field during the registration process. This information will expedite the registration approval process. The iREMS number is a unique nine-digit number assigned to individual properties by HUD and always starts with “800XXXXXX”. Property staff can locate their property’s iREMS number here. (Open the Excel spreadsheet titled “MF_ Properties _with _Assistance _& _ Sec8_Contracts”).
Ordering and Delivery Information:
- Once approved by HUD, properties may begin ordering here at the HPOP self-service portal: https://hpop.hhs.gov.
- Each property should order enough test kits that will be used by residents on a weekly basis. Properties should not stockpile or advance order test kits.
- The number of tests in one package depends on the brand of test kits. For example, one package of Quidel brand tests includes 45 test kits with 2 tests per kit. Most brands contain 2 – 4 tests per kit.
- Orders should be placed on Mondays before 11:59 PM EST for same-week processing.
- Packages are shipped out every Wednesday.
- Properties can expect deliveries within 7-10 calendar days after the shipping date.
Test Kit Storage:
- Test kits should be stored at room temperature (59-77 degrees Fahrenheit)
Technical issues related to the HPOP registration process can be submitted to:
Systems Access Issues, Tier 1 Helpdesk, COVID-19 Administration Reporting System (CARS) Help Desk
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET, Monday-Friday
Eligibility and ordering quantity inquiries may be sent to HUD at the following email address: HUD_COVID19_Test_Kit_Registration@hud.gov.